Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 December 2010

For the Love of Beer

This is not to propagate alcohol. That's quite offensive. No, this is about the small pleasures of humble human beings. I am talking about a beer before bedtime. And yes, my better half does sometimes refer to me as a pseudo-alkie (which is really upsetting by the way), however it's not like I indulge every day... Only when my fave lager is re-stocked at OddBins. Preferred and sworn by, by my ex-flatmate Charlie, DAB (aka Dortmunder Actien Brewery) is brewed according to the strict purity standards of the German Purity Law of 1516, and that's why it's so delish. And good for preventing (or flishing) kidney stones. Another favourite is India Pale Ale from St Peter's Brewery. Posh, I know. Especially when it comes recommended with Heston's feast in Waitrose. Bah.
Beer in mind (oh, dear...) I only enjoy one, responsibly, kids! Aother one that shone through in the last summer was Schwechater Zwickl. I think the packaging gets me every time, but also the slightly lemony zing and the not-so fizzyness. It's cloudy as well, as it's unprocessed, therefore you could compare it to an Erdinger or a Hoegaarden. Finally, I discovered this one in the local booze shop in Shoreditch, where the demand for novelty drinks is such that I had the luck of discovering: He'Brew Beer! Or as they like to call it: The Chosen Beer. This is more similar to a very yeasty ale. Though bearable, it doesn't beat the DAB, however the comedy value makes it more of a delicacy than a cure. *burps*
Thank you and good night.











No comments:

Post a Comment